Effective as of: 02.14.2012
Policy for Publication
Policy Number: Number Not Yet Assigned
AUA is committed to assuring that the university provides courses and facilities sufficient for all students admitted for a degree program to complete that degree program within the typical time for such degree (within 2 years of admission for master’s students, and within 4 years of admission for a bachelor’s degree).
In the unlikely event that one, several or all degree programs are discontinued pursuant to WASC policies or otherwise, AUA
- will immediately cease admitting students into such programs;
- will make provisions for those students currently enrolled to complete their degrees at AUA so long as it is possible to maintain standards and provide a high quality education, with the understanding that it may reduce or eliminate certain tracks, sub-specialties, courses or electives in the event of low enrollments or financial constraints;
- will give students the option of changing majors or degree programs in the event of elimination or material reduction of their major or subspecialty and make accommodations to facilitate such change of major (e.g., subsidized summer courses);
- will assist individual students who may wish to transfer to other institutions in the event that their major or subspecialty is materially reduced or eliminated;
- will enter into agreements with other recognized universities in Armenia to facilitate the transfer of students;
- will make every effort to assure that students who must complete their education at another institution do not pay more tuition than they would otherwise have paid at AUA to complete the same course of study. This may include continuing financial aid to the student who transfers to another institution pursuant to an AUA teach-out agreement with the other institution, and
- will form a committee to oversee the teach-out with appropriate academic, administrative and financial expertise.
In the event that the discontinuation is caused by force majeure circumstances, AUA pledges to take reasonable measures to assure that students can complete their degree either at AUA or another institution, with the understanding that such force majeure circumstances relieve AUA of further legal obligation.