Effective as of: 01.01.2012
Policy for Publication
Policy Number: Number Not Yet Assigned
Making Business Copies
It is recommended that AUA Faculty and Staff:
1. Place orders at least 24 hours in advance.
2. Submit orders on a standard (European or American letter size) paper, or send the soft copy via email to firstname.lastname@example.org. A master copy of the document should be made in the office. AUA Duplication Services Office does not provide services of combining parts of different documents on one sheet.
3. Copy up to 5-page documents on the copiers located in the AUA offices.
The AUA Copy Center makes all copies double-sided unless specific requests are made to do otherwise.
Orders will be served according to the following priority:
2. Orders from faculty concerning their lectures;
3. Orders from the AUA Administration;
4. Orders from Research Centers;
5. Orders from other organizations located in the AUA buildings;
6. Personal orders.
The number of copies made and pages bound is registered in the registration book. These figures are then grouped in the monthly report and submitted to the AUA Financial Services department for appropriate cost allocation among departments.
AUA has also contracted outside photocopying vendors and encourages the staff and faculty to work with these vendors extensively so as to extend the useful life of AUA photocopiers, take off a heavy load from the Copy Center, and save the program/department budget money. The comments and suggestions about the quality and timeliness of outside vendors’ services can be forwarded to the attention of the Director of AUA Services. As in case with internal photocopying, the outside vendors will also register the number of copies made and pages bound in their registration ledger. A reasonable care and precaution need be exercised before signing against the quantity of pages copied/bound as well as putting the department and/or project name this expense should be allocated to in vendors’ ledgers.
Making Personal Copies
The number of copies made and pages bound as well as amount received are registered in the book of personal orders. In case of particularly big orders the Client may pay the fee directly to the AUA Cashier’s Office, otherwise the Copy Supervisor pays the accumulated amount to the Cashier’s office on a daily basis.
Those Clients that utilize the
Sending Business Faxes
AUA faculty and department heads are authorized to send AUA business-related faxes.
1. If a business fax is to be sent to a fax number that is already on the approved list, the faculty and staff may send the fax with no additional approval. The approved list includes the President Emeritus, the President, Vice Presidents, Deans and Associate Deans.
2. If the business fax is to be sent to a fax number that is not on the approved list, additional written approval must be obtained from the Heads of units.
The number of faxed pages is registered in the registration book. These figures are then grouped in the monthly report and submitted to the AUAF Financial Services department for appropriate cost allocation among the departments.
Sending Personal Faxes
Personal faxes sent are registered in the registration book and submitted to the AUAF Financial Services department in the monthly report form.