Effective as of: 04.22.2020
Policy for Publication
Policy Number: INAD2020005
The American University of Armenia uses staff-produced photo/video/audio of campus life, events, ceremonies and other activities to advance the mission of the university.
The photo/video/ audio are owned by the university and archived at medialibrary.aua.am. Access to this archive and the imagery contained within does not imply unlimited use nor release of copyright restrictions.
The photo/video/audio are available for non-commercial, news and event promotion and marketing only. The images are available for non-commercial, news and event promotion and marketing only.
Prior approval of the Communications Department is required when either:
* the photo/video/ audio is used for marketing collateral,
* the photo/video/ audio is used for news or event promotion by an AUA unit other than the host unit,
* the photo/video/ audio is digitally altered in any way except as noted under the section noted Acceptable below, or
* the photo/video/ audio is used by an off-campus media outlet or publication.
The Communications Department reserves the right to withhold access to photo/video/audio if false representation is suspected or there are questions about intended usage.
Below are specific guidelines for acceptable and unacceptable use of photo/video/ audio.
* Conversion of color image to black and white.
* Color and tonal correction, and technical touch-up of images for the purpose of color balance (removal of flaws--dust spots, scratches, digital noise, artifacts, etc). This does not include changing hair color, eye color, etc.
* Cropping is acceptable providing it does not change the perception of the photo.
* Adding or deleting wording, artwork, or logos to objects in photo/video/ audio (changing wording on posters in photos)
* Use of photo/video/ audio in non-news-related publications and websites without the prior approval of the Communications Department.
* Sale of photo/video/ audio in part or in total.
* Use of photo/video/ audio for commercial use.
* Distribution of photo/video/ audio to the press or any external-to-AUA entity without prior approval of the Communications Department.
* Alteration of the photo/video/ audio any kind except as noted in the Acceptable section above.
* Use of photo/video/ audio on personal social media pages except as shared from AUA’s social media pages.