Effective as of: 06.01.2015
Policy for Publication
Policy Number: LIBR20150001
AUA’s AGBU Papazian Library seeks to provide the best possible environment for research and study. Use of the library requires adherence to the following Rules of Behavior:
Respectful conduct. Conduct that disturbs Library users or interferes with Library activities is prohibited.
- Cellular phones must be turned off or put on silent mode upon entry to the library.
- Activities which interfere with the quiet use of the Quiet Area in the Library are prohibited.
- Interactive groups of two or more must use one of the seven Group Study Rooms.
- The library is a semi-quiet study area, with conversations allowed as long as voices are kept low.
Eating and drinking in the library.
- Drinks are allowed in the Library as long as they are in spill-proof mugs or plastic bottles with a “secure" cap or lid. No canned beverages, or open containers are allowed.
- Food is not permitted in the library.
Use of facilities, equipment and materials.
- Playing computer games for entertainment purposes with library computers, personal computers or mobile devices in the library is prohibited.
- Defacing of Library materials by marking or removing pages, or any other destructive activities that reduce the quality of equipment, materials or facilities are considered acts of vandalism, punishable in accordance with the university’s policies.
Unauthorized use of Library facilities for commercial purposes is prohibited.
- Commercial or unauthorized instructional activities (including but not limited to tutoring for pay) is prohibited in the Library. Authorization for instructional activities is granted by the Library Director.
Inspection. Library users may be asked to present book bags and briefcases for inspection.
- By entering the Library, users agree to pass through a security gate at the library door and have hand-carried items visually inspected before leaving the Library.
Individuals who fail to comply with these rules of behavior may be asked to leave the library for that day. Serious and/or repeat offenders are subject to disciplinary action in accordance with the university policies.