Effective as of: 09.01.2021
Policy for Publication
Policy Number: LIBR20150001
AUA’s AGBU Papazian Library seeks to provide the best possible environment for research and study. Use of the library requires adherence to the following Rules of Behavior:
Respectful conduct. Conduct that disturbs Library users or interferes with Library activities is prohibited.
• Cellular phones must be turned off or put on silent mode upon entry to the library.
• Activities that interfere with the quiet use of the Library study spaces are prohibited.
• Interactive groups of two or more must use one of the seven Group Study Rooms.
• The library is a semi-quiet study area, with conversations allowed as long as voices are kept low.
Eating and drinking in the library.
• Drinks are allowed in the Library as long as they are in spill-proof mugs or plastic bottles with a “secure" cap or lid. No open containers are allowed.
• Food is not permitted in the library.
Use of facilities, equipment and materials.
• Playing computer games for entertainment purposes with library computers, personal computers, or mobile devices in the library is prohibited.
• Defacing Library materials by marking or removing pages or any other destructive activities that reduce the quality of equipment, materials or facilities are considered vandalism acts , punishable following the university’s policies.
Unauthorized use of Library facilities for commercial purposes is prohibited.
• Commercial or unauthorized instructional activities (including but not limited to tutoring for pay) are prohibited in the library.
Individuals who fail to comply with these rules of behavior may be asked to leave the library for that day. Serious and/or repeat offenders are subject to disciplinary action following with the university’s policies.