Effective as of: 01.01.2022
Policy for Publication
Policy Number: ACAD20150016
This policy addresses refunds of tuition payments.
All other fees are not refundable.
1. Degree/Certificate Seeking Students
Degree/Certificate seeking students typically pay tuition in installments in accordance with their education contracts.
Degree-seeking students who withdraw or take a leave of absence from the university (see Withdrawal and Readmission Procedures) are entitled to a refund in accordance with the following schedule:
- By the end of the add/drop period: Full refund for the given term for tuition paid.
- After the end of the add/drop period and until the deadline to withdraw from a course with a “w”: Refund for tuition payments made in advance for future installments in the term.
- After the deadline to withdraw from a course with a “w”: No refund.
- Any tuition payments made for future terms will be refunded.
2. Non-Degree Students
Non-Degree students pay tuition in accordance with their contract.
Refunds for Non-Degree Students are outlined in the Non-Degree Status policy.
3. Other Students
A. Study-Abroad Students (except as noted in 3.B. below)
Tuition paid by study-abroad students is subject to a full refund for the given term if the student cancels his/her enrolment or withdraws before the end of the add/drop period in the study-abroad contract.
Tuition is non-refundable after the end of the add/drop period, unless stated otherwise in the study-abroad contract.
B. Special Programming (e.g. Summer Study-Abroad Students)
Students who enroll in special programming are required to pay the total tuition before the start of the program. Tuition for special programming is non-refundable unless stated otherwise in the speacial-programing contract.